DE KIEM TRA CHAT LUONG NH 2013-2014
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
I. Choose the word which is pronounced OR stressed differently from the others:
1. A. six B. dinner C. kitchen D. climb
2. A. lead B. break C. heat D. meat
3. A. question B. arrive C. exciting D. routine
4. A. tobacco B. harrow C. neighbor D. children
II. Choose the right word that best completes the sentence :
5. If the rain doesn't come, farmers will have to _______ water into their fields.
A. harrow B. plough C. pump D. go off
6. The alarm rings at 4.30.
A. goes on B. goes wrong C. goes off D. goes away
7. My sister's job is so _______. It's the same thing day after day.
A. exciting B. boring C. interesting D. satisfying
8. In the past, most _______ didn't earn enough to feed themselves.
A. buffalo B. man C. peasants D. girls
9. Mr. Vy sometimes has a friendly _______ with his neighbors over a cup of tea in the evening.
A. interview B. speak C. chat D. talk
III. Choose the correct form of the word to fill in the blanks:
10. They __________ all the requirements for the job.
A. satisfies B. satisfaction C. satisfying D. satisfy
11. It’s a little too hot for ___________.
A. comfort B. comforts C. comfortably D. comfortable
12. This is an __________ film.
A. interest B. interesting C. interested D. interests
IV. Choose the underlined part (A, B, C or D) that is incorrect
13.She has breakfast at 8.30, then go to work immediately.
A B C D
14. My aunt is very interested in open a new bar but she doesn’t have enough money.
A B C D
15. I get up on six in the morning at weekdays
A B C D
V. Read the passage and choose the best answer and fill in the blanks :
David is a bank manager and
David (18) ____ work at 5:30 pm
and does the
shopping in a supermarket near the bank.
Then he goes home and (19) ____ the
dinner. He eats alone in the kitchen at 7:00 and then usually watches TV in the
living room until
16. A. on B. up C. in D. off
17. A. leaves B. arrived C. comes D. goes
18. A. starts B. begins C. finishes D. like
19. A. has B. eats C. cooks D. does
20. A. so that B. if C. because D. but
VI. Read the passage and answer the questions below :
Mrs. Brown’s old grandfather lived with her and her husband. Every morning he went for a walk in the park and came home at half past twelve for his lunch. But one morning a police car stopped outside Mrs. Brown’s house at twelve o’clock, two police helped Mr. Brown to get out. One of them said to Mrs. Brown “The poor old gentleman lost his way in the park and telephoned to us for help, so we sent a car to bring him home.” Mrs. Brown was very surprised, but she thanked the policemen and they left. “But grandfather,” she then said, “you have been to that park nearly every day for twenty years. How did you lose your way there?” The old man smiled, closed one eye and said, “I didn’t quite lose my way. I just got tired and I didn’t want to walk home.”
21. What did Mrs. Brown’s old grandfather go to the park for?
A. for pleasure B. for a walk C. for amusement D. for recreation
22. What happened to him one morning?
A. He lost his way B. He was too tired to walk home
C. He came home for lunch d. He wanted to stay in the park
23. How did Mrs. Brown feel?
A. very surprised B. normal C. calm D. interesting
24. What did the two policemen do ?
A. They received Mr. Brown’s call for help B. They helped Mr. Brown to get out of the park
C. They sent a car to bring him home D. All are correct
25. Which of the following is not true ?
A. People walk in the park for fresh air B. Mr. Brown didn’t quite lose his way
C. He didn’t want to go home on foot D. Parks are for children only
I. Give the correct tense of the verbs in brackets : ( rewrite the whole sentences )
26. I (not be) here last week.
27. My mother (work) all day yesterday.
28. The price of gold (go) up for the last few years.
29. I often (go) jogging with my sister when she was here.
30. Your little sister (like) lemon juice ?
DOES YOUR LITTLE SISTER LIKE …. ?
II. Give the correct prepositions :
31. Mary used to be very interested ______IN___________ reading comic books.
32. It takes me 45 minutes to get______READY_________.
33. What lesson do you have ___AT ____ 8.40 am on Monday?
34. Her birthday is ______ON________ Valentine’s day.
35. We never go on holidays ____IN______ winter
III. Put the adverb of frequency into the correct place:
36. He doesn’t take his children to school. ( normally)
He doesn’t NORMALLY take his children to school
37. These farmers are contented with their farm work. ( sometimes)
These farmers are SOMETIMES contented with their farm work
38. Is John away from home? ( frequently)
Is John FREQUENTLY away from home?
39. He repeats all what he can hear. ( as a rule )
AS A RULE, he repeats all what he can hear.
40. I am not here at weekdays ( often)
I am not OFTEN here at weekdays.
IV. Make Wh- questions for the underlined words:
41. She washes her face every morning
WHAT DOES SHE DO EVERY MORNING?
42. The teacher has talked to him for an hour.
HOW LONG HAS THE TEACHER TALK TO HIM ?
43. He didn’t come in time because of the heavy traffic.
WHY DIDN’T HE COME IN TIME ?
44. They have English class two days a week.
HOW OFTEN DO THEY HAVE ENGLISH CLASS ?
Our father will arrive in
V. Give the correct form of the verbs in brackets:
46. Anita enjoys ( listen) ____LISTENING_____ to music when she’s doing homework.
47. He kept on ( talk) ____TALKING____ although nobody was listening to him.
48. The company doesn’t mind ( spend) ___SPENDING______ more money on advertising.
49. I want ( finish) ___TO WORK______ work early today.
50. Would you like ( play) _____TO PLAY_____ chess with me?