Mã đề: 222
Mã đề: 222
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA TIẾNG ANH KHỐI 10
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS. (Học sinh dùng bút chì tô kín lựa chọn đúng ở bảng trả lời trắc nghiệm)
I. Choose the word which is pronounced OR stressed differently from the others.
1. A. expensive B. relative C. interpret D. general
2. A. women B. spend C. men D. pen
3. A. guitar B. target C. harbour D. grammar
II. Choose the word that is stressed differently from the rest.
4. A. degree B. career C. suffer D. severe
5. A. atomic B. radium C. calculate D. general
III. Choose the right word that best completes the sentence.
6. Marie Curie was the first woman ________ at the Sorbonne.
A. private tutor B. scientist C. professor D. doctor
7. It’s ________for her to get there on time. It’s too late.
A. comfortable B. impossible C. brilliant D. acceptable
8. She always proves to be a very mature student although she is just thirteen.
A. keeping in the mind B. making less severe
C. making calculations D. having fully developed mind.
9. Please, _______ attention to what I am saying. It's very important.
A. take B. make C. pay D. give
10. The synonym of " an occupation " is ________..
A. an apartment B. a situation C. an interest D. a job
11. We did an experiment in the ________lesson today.
A. Chemist’s B. Chemistry C. chemical D. chemically
12. Several famous ________are doing research into the disease.
A. scientist B. scientists C. scientific D. Scientifically
13. It’s not ________ for Linda to do this test.
A. easing B. ease C. easily D. easy
14. He plays football ________ though he is not a football player.
A. professionally B. professional C. unprofessionally D. professor
15. He used to dream of a ________ career when he was at high school
A. scientist B. scientists C. scientific D. Scientifically
V. Read the passage and choose the best answer and fill in the blanks.
Marie Curie was born in Warsaw on November 7th, 1867. She received general education in
(16) ________ school and some scientific training from her father. In spite of her difficult living conditions, she (17) ________ extremely hard. She met Pierre Curie in the school of Physics (18) ________ 1984 and a year later they got (19) ________. She was awarded a Nobel Prize in Chemistry for determining the atomic weight of radium. But her real joy was “easing (20) ________ suffering”. The founding of the radium Institute in 1914 made her humanitarian wish come true.
16. A. local B. national C. international D. modern
17. A. played B. worked C. sang D. labored
18. A. on B. at C. in D. of
19. A. marry B. marriage C. marries D. married
20. A. human B. man C. woman D. person
VI. Read the passage and answer the questions below.
At 32, I have just finished my first year at university. As well as attending lectures regularly, I have had to learn to read books quickly and write long essays. I decided to go to university after fourteen years away from the classroom. As a secretary, although I was earning a reasonable amount of money, I was bored with doing something where I hardly had to think. I became more and more depressed by the idea that I was stuck in the job. I was jealous of the students at the local university, who looked happy, carefree and full of hope, and part of something that I wanted to explore further. However, now that I've actually become a student I find it hard to mix with younger colleagues. They are always mistaking me for a lecturer and asking me questions I can't answer. I also feel separated from the lecturers because, although we are the same age, I know so much less than them. But I am glad of this opportunity to study because I know I need a qualification to get a rewarding job, which is really important to me. Unlike most eighteen-year-olds, I much prefer a weekend with my books to one out partying. Then there are the normal student benefits of long holidays and theatre and cinema discounts. I often have doubts about what I'll do after university, but I hope that continuing my education at this late date has been a wise choice.
21. What is the writer trying to do in the text??
A. help lecturers understand older students. C. suggest some good methods for studying.
B. explain her reasons for returning to study. D. complain about the attitude of young students.
22. The writer has finished her first year at university when she is________ years old
A. 32 B. 14 C. 18 D. 40
23. How did the writer feel about her job as a secretary?
A. Her salary wasn't good enough. B. It didn't make use of her brain.
C. It gave her the opportunity to study. D. Her colleagues made her depressed
24. In her spare time, the writer likes to________
A. go out to parties. B. earn some money. C. travel a lot. D. do extra study
25. Which of these sentences describes the writer?
A. She realises the value of a university degree. B. She gets on well with the other students.
C. She is confident about the future. D. She finds university life easier than she expected
I. Give the correct tense of the verbs in brackets : ( rewrite the whole sentences )
26. That man ( catch) ________ any fish yet?
Has that man caught_________________________________________________________________________________
27. I (study) ________ an English course at this time last year.
I was studying_________________________________________________________________________________
28. The house is very dirty. We (not clean) ________it for ages.
____________________We haven’t cleaned_____________________________________________________________
29. When we got to the station, she (already/ leave) ________.
_______________________she had already left__________________________________________________________
30. A week ago the guilty man ( sentence) ________ to five years in prison.
II. Give the correct prepositions :
31. Markets are usually crowded ____with_______ sellers and buyers.
32. Most children live ___on________ their parents because they can’t earn living at their ages.
33. We have to go ____on_______ discussing because we don’t have much time.
34. Marie Curie took ____up_______ the position which her husband had obtained at the Sorbonne.
35. Marie Curie was born in Warsaw _____in______ November, 1867.
III. Combine the following sentences using RELATIVE PRONOUNS
36. I recently went back to Paris. It is my father’s birthplace
è I recently went back to Paris, which is my father’s birthplace
37. Scarlet didn’t come to his party last night. This was a big pity.
è Scarlet didn’t come to his party last night, which was a big pity.
38. Do you know the new student ? I can’t remember his name.
è Do you know the new student whose name I can’t remember ?
39. A midwife is a woman. She assists other women in childbirth
è A midwife is a woman that/ who assists other women in childbirth
40. The girl chatted with him yesterday . I saw her at the school gate.
à The girl that/ whom I saw at the school gate chatted with him yesterday.
IV. Rewrite the following sentences using suggested words.
39. Although the weather was bad, we tried to finish the work on the road.
Despite the bad weather, …………………………………………………………
42. He was old, but he walked ten miles every day.
In spite of his old age/ being old , he walked…………………………………….
43. Fiona had to get on the plane even though she was afraid of flying.
Despite being/ her being afraid of flying, Fiona…………………………………..
44. He cannot come because he is ill.
Because of being ill / his being ill / his illness, he cannot come.
45. Because it snowed last night, we couldn’t go for a drive.
Because of the snow………………………………………………………………..
V. Give the correct form of the verbs in brackets:
46. It’s no good (ask) ____asking_______ him for money.
47. He often makes his younger brother (cry)____cry_______.
48. Donna is interested in ( open) ___opening________ a bar.
49. She expects her daughter (get) ____to get_______ high marks in school.
50. Will you always (be) ____be_______ with me if I need help ?
----- the end of the test ------