Mã đề: 171
Mã đề: 171
Lớp: 10A.................................................................................................... Thời gian: 45 phút (không kể thời gian phát đề)
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS (học sinh dùng bút chì tô kín lựa chọn đúng ở bảng trả lời trắc nghiệm)
I. Choose the word which is pronounced OR stressed differently from the others.
1. A. six B. dinner C. kitchen D. climb
2. A. interested B. turned C. slowed D. played
3. A. lead B. break C. heat D. meat
II. Choose the word that is stressed differently from the rest.
4. A. question B. arrive C. realize D. routine
5. A. intend B. harrow C. neighbor D. children
III. Choose the right word that best completes the sentence.
6. There are so much traffic on this road and it’s always ______.
A. crowded B. mature C. brilliant D. active
7. My aunt looks very ______ whenever she comes to a party.
A. attract B. attraction C. attractive D. attractively
8. My sister's job is so _______. It's the same thing day after day.
A. exciting B. boring C. interesting D. satisfying
She tried to explain what had happened but he kept ______ her.
A. realizing B. interrupting C. harboring D. leading
10. In the past, most _______ didn't earn enough to feed themselves.
A. buffalo B. man C. peasants D. girls
11. Adopting the international ______, this school is famous all over the country.
A. educate B. educated C. education D. educational
12. They should really __________ all the requirements for the job.
A. satisfies B. satisfaction C. satisfying D. satisfy
13. We like this hotel very much because it is _____.
A. comfort B. comforts C. comfortably D. comfortable
14. The film we watched last night was very ______.
A. interest B. interesting C. interested D. interests
15. After her husband died, she ______ the position which he had obtained before.
A. went by B. took in C. took up D. went off
V. Read the passage and choose the best answer and fill in the blanks.
Marie Skłodowska-Curie (7 November 1867 – 4 July 1934) was a Polish and naturalized-French physicist and chemist ______(16) conducted pioneering research on radioactivity. She was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize, the first person (and only woman) to win twice, the only person to win twice in multiple ______(17), and was part of the Curie family legacy of five Nobel Prizes. She was also the first woman to become a professor at the University of Paris, and in 1995 became the first woman to be entombed on her own merits in the Panthéon in Paris.
She was born Maria Salomea Skłodowska in Warsaw, in what ______(18) then the Kingdom of Poland, part of the Russian Empire. She studied at Warsaw's clandestine Floating University and began her practical scientific ______(19) in Warsaw. In 1891, aged 24, she followed her older sister Bronisława to study in Paris, where she earned her higher degrees and conducted her subsequent scientific work. She shared the 1903 Nobel Prize in Physics ______(20) her husband Pierre Curie and with physicist Henri Becquerel. She won the 1911 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
16. A. who B. whom C. which D. whose
17. A. educations B. dreams C. sciences D. flying colors
18. A. is B. are C. was D. were
19. A. winning B. pumping C. realizing D. training
20. A. on B. with C. to D. about
VI. Read the passage and answer the questions below.
Mrs. Brown’s old grandfather lived with her and her husband. Every morning he went for a walk in the park and came home at half past twelve for his lunch. But one morning a police car stopped outside Mrs. Brown’s house at twelve o’clock, two police helped Mr. Brown to get out. One of them said to Mrs. Brown “The poor old gentleman lost his way in the park and telephoned to us for help, so we sent a car to bring him home.” Mrs. Brown was very surprised, but she thanked the policemen and they left. “But grandfather,” she then said, “you have been to that park nearly every day for twenty years. How did you lose your way there?” The old man smiled, closed one eye and said, “I didn’t quite lose my way. I just got tired and I didn’t want to walk home.”
21. What did Mrs. Brown’s old grandfather go to the park for?
A. for pleasure B. for a walk C. for amusement D. for recreation
22. What happened to him one morning?
A. He lost his way B. He was too tired to walk home
C. He came home for lunch D. He wanted to stay in the park
23. How did Mrs. Brown feel?
A. very surprised B. normal C. calm D. interesting
24. What did the two policemen do?
A. They received Mr. Brown’s call for help B. They helped Mr. Brown to get out of the park
C. They sent a car to bring him home D. All are correct
25. Which of the following is NOT TRUE?
A. People walk in the park for fresh air B. Mr. Brown didn’t quite lose his way
C. He didn’t want to go home on foot D. Parks are for children only
I. Give the correct tense of the verbs in the bracket. The first one has been done for you.
The mechanic (repair) the car when the fire suddenly
broke out from the engine.
What your father’s job (be)?
What is your father’s job?
Mr. Vy (have) bread and milk for breakfast every
When Marie Curie (win) the Nobel Prize in Physics? – In
When did Marie Curie win…?
Since she left university, I (never meet) her again.
have never met
II. Give the correct form of the verbs in the brackets. The first one has been done for you.
0. My sister doesn’t enjoy (read) ______reading_________ picture books.
1. Don’t let your clothes (fall) ________fall_______down on the floor.
2. How long does it take her (get) _______to get________ to nearest post office?
3. My sister practices (swim) ______swimming_________ every morning.
4. Have you ever wished (meet) ______to meet_________ Britney Spears?
5. I have always dreamed of (become) _____becoming__________ a pilot.
III. Fill in each blank with one suitable preposition. The first one has been done for you.
0. I always go swimming _______on________ Sundays.
1. I study in class 10A10 ______with_________ forty three other students.
2. She wasn’t contented _____with__________ her last summer holiday.
3. Marie Curie received a general education ______from_________ her father.
4. We lived ______on_________ very little money when we first married.
5. I haven’t met my uncle _____since__________ last year.
IV. Fill in each blank with one suitable relative pronoun or relative adverb. The first one has been done for you.
0. Do you know the boy _______who________ is running over there?
1. Last night my grandfather told us a funny story ______which_________ we like very much.
2. Cohen, _____whose_____ contract will expire next week, is likely to move to play for a European club.
3. She is one of those people ________who_______love to be the center of attention.
4. My mother took us to her hometown _____where(in which)__ she had lived for more than 10 years.
5. I have sent Tom two letters, neither of _____which__________ he has received.
V. Combine the following sentences by using relative pronouns or relative adverbs. The first one has been done for you.
She gave me the
book. I like it very much.
-> She gave me the book which I like very much.
I haven’t read the book. You gave it to me last week.
I haven’t read the book which (that) you gave to me last week.
Most of the members of my family live in London. It has
some fantastic parks.
Most of the members of my family live in London which has some fantastic parks.
Tom is talking to the woman. I always forget her name.
Tom is talking to the woman whose name I always forget.
All the passengers were taken to the hospital. They
were injured in the crash.
All the passengers who(that) were injured in the crash were taken to the hospital.
Stratford-upon-Avon is the town. Shakespeare was born
Stratford-upon-Avon is the town where Shakespeare was born.
----- the end of the test -----