KEY ma de 001
DE THI HK II KHOI 10 (2013-2014) - ma de 001
1. A. stops B. news C. sits D. walks
2. A. character B. achieve C. architect D. scholar
3. A. title B. cinema C. participate D. eliminate
4. A. historical B. behavior C. century D. original
5. A. organize B. billion C. volunteer D. victory
6. A. trophy B. champion C. event D. tournament
III. Word form
7. He has got great _______ in science.
A. achievable B. achieve C. achieved D. achievement.
8. They danced beautifully and _____
A. attractive B. attractively C. attracted D. attracting
9. How many _____ took part in the game last night?
A. compete B. competition C. competitors D. competitive
IV. Word choice
10. Actors are those who appear in front of a camera and take part of the characters in a film.
A. scriptwriters B. cinematographers C. persons in a film D. directors
11. The team which was defeated in the final match was called ______.
A. the winner B. the champion C. the hero D. the runner-up
12. The stone stelae were engraved with the names of the top students.
A. washed B. shown C. printed D. carved
V. Expressions of quantity
13. How ______ children do they have ?
A. Little B. many C. some D. much
14. The shop is very noisy and crowded. There are _______ customers there.
A. many B. much C. a little D. a few
15. Would you like to have_______ coca cola now?
A. any B. some C. a few D. little
VI. Cloze text
In 1904, FIFA, the governing body for football, was set up. At its first
meeting, FIFA (16) _____ to organize a world championship. But it was not until
1930 (17) ____ the first World Cup was held. Only 13 teams took part in the
first (18) _____. The host nation,
16. A. planned B. plans C. has planned D. will plan
17. A. when B. which C. that D. where
18. A. tournament B. competition C. contest D. half
19. A. of B. over C. in D. for
20. A. Nation B. National C. Nationally D. International
Up to now, there are still many people thinking films are things that are made to be shown on screen for entertainment. It is not right. There are many other kinds of films that are made for other purposes. For example, educational films are made for schools. They are about the certain subjects that students are learning. Industry needs training films which introduce about machinery and equipment, and how to operate and work on them. Documentary films present factual events and circumstances of a social, political, or historical nature. It is films that help us widen our knowledge of countries, cultures and people. Sitting on an armchair in front of a TV set, a viewer can enjoy the beauty of nature all over the world, see many historic spots, and meet a lot of interesting people. A film, either good or bad, is the result of the collaboration of many individuals with many different specific skills talents. And we, the viewers, should choose only suitable films to enjoy.
21. According to the passage, films are made ________________.
A. only for entertainment B. to be shown in cinemas
C. to help students learn foreign languages D. for many different purposes
22. Educational films are made ________________.
A. for training workers B. to entertain students
C. for teaching and learning D. for industry.
23. Documentary films ________________.
A. deal with factual people and events B. are used for training in industry
C. play an important part in film industry D. require a lot of actors and actresses
24. Making a film ________________.
A. requires a lot of money and efforts
B. involves the talents of many people
C. can take a lot of time
D. is collaboration between filmmakers and viewers
25. Which of the following statements is not mentioned in the passage?
A. Not all films are made to be shown in cinemas.
B. You can learn a lot about other countries by seeing films.
C. Foreign films are necessary for people who learn foreign languages.
D. The finished film is not the work of a single person.
1. Hoi An is famous for its old temples, pagodas, houses and NARROW streets.
3. The Assembly Hall of Cantonese Chinese Congregation still keeps many PRECIOUS objects.
4. Tan Ky House was CONSTRUCTED .. nearly two centuries ago.
5. Hoi An has become a popular tourist DESTINATION in VN.
1. The woman (disappear) DISAPPEARED ..after she had been chased for a while.
2. I (not like) DONT LIKE .. violent films.
3. (She, find) HAS SHE FOUND .. a job up till now?
1. If she had been careful, she (not, lose) WOULDNT HAVE LOST .her money.
2. I (choose) WOULD CHOOSE .. this kind of work if I were younger.
3. There (be) WILL BE .. more natural disasters if we dont stop destroying the forest.
4. I wish I (visit) HAD VISITED .. my grandparents last week.
5. Its pity you live so far away. I wish you (live) LIVED .nearer.
6. We wish you (come) WOULD COME . to the party tonight.
4. Give the correct forms of the adjectives:
1. Mary is (fast) THE FASTEST .. typist in her office.
3. My father doesnt walk (quickly) AS QUICKLY . as my mother.
4. Are you (good) BETTER at dancing than Tom?
5. Of the three shirts, this one is the (pretty) PRETTIEST .
5. Rewrite the sentences , using comparison structure:
1. He drives more carelessly than his sister.
-> His sister DOESNT DRIVE AS CARELESSLY AS HE / HIM
-> His sister DRIVES MORE CAREFULLY THAN HE / HIM
-> His sister DRIVES LESS CARELESSLY THAN HE / HIM
2. Cats arent as friendly as dogs.
-> Dogs ARE FRIENDLIER THAN CATS
3. My house isnt as far as yours.
-> Your house IS FARTHER THAN MINE / MY HOUSE
4. Nobody in my class is as intelligent as Tom.
-> Tom IS THE MOST INTELLGENT (BOY) IN MY CLASS.
5. Lan is the thinnest of us.
-> No one of us IS AS THIN AS LAN